Overview of Choices Digital
Deciding on GCSE options can be a daunting task for students. For many, it marks the first big educational decision. Choice Digital is a filmed version of the ‘Choices’ performance with a follow-up discussion with cast members about their own GCSE option options. It offers flexibility which means it can be viewed when you choose.
The PSCHE curriculum states that pupils need to “identify own strengths, interests, skills and qualities as part of the personal review and planning process, including their value to future employability”. Away from the compulsory core subjects, many schools differ in regards to what subject choices are on offer for students. ‘Choices’ is a hugely popular presentation that offers a solid perspective on how to make positive and informed choices for the future.
- Widen participation in higher education
- Motivate young people to consider the future and possible careers
- Support KS3 learners to make a well-informed and realistic decision
- Signpost sources of advice
- Recognising personal qualities, attitudes, skills, how they are affected by others
- Accepting helpful feedback and rejecting unhelpful criticism
- Developing communication skills
- Increasing independence
- Equipping with skills for future opportunities and challenges
- Managing influence of peers
- Addressing the challenges of effective learning
- Active contribution to society
HOPE AND FEARS