Overview of The Next Step
Year 11 students are now required to stay in some kind of education when they leave high school until they are 18. This can be an apprenticeship, training or part-time education alongside working/volunteering; they must make the right decision for themselves. Making an informed choice can be very difficult and many school leavers find themselves as NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training).<br>
It is important that we encourage our young people to pursue their passions and skills further to avoid missing out on progression into a career, and more importantly a career they enjoy. This show aims to ease some of the worries post-16 options present. It highlights the importance of making well-informed decisions and how those around us can influence us, both positively and negatively.
The performance can be followed by a ‘Question and Answer’ session with the cast to help outline their own career progression and how they explored the options available to them.
- Encourage individuals to make a well-informed realistic decision about the next step in their education.
- Signpost support such as career advisors, teachers, and other significant professionals.
- Outline routes available including A-Levels, BTECs, vocational subjects and apprenticeships.
- Dispel myths surrounding career progression, earnings and qualifications for school leavers.
- Help students understand the pressures.